Frequently Asked Questions
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
How thick are your tapestries?
Click here to see pictures of the thickness.
What currency are your prices in?
All prices are in USD. Click here to convert prices into other currencies.
Can a tapestry be made into a size not shown on the site?
No. Each tapestry only comes in the size(s) shown. We cannot make them in other sizes.
Do you also sell rods and tassels?
View rods & tassels here.
Do the rods include brackets and hardware?
Yes. Each rod comes with all necessary hardware, including brackets and screws. Nothing additional is required.
Do the tapestries have weight rods in the bottom?
No. There are no weight rods in any of the tapestries.
Are the images screen printed onto the fabric?
No. All images are woven into the tapestries. These are high quality tapestries.
Why do European woven tapestries cost more than the USA woven tapestries?
There are a few factors involved. 1) The cost of production is more. 2) They often utilize more costly materials, such as wool. 3) They are typically a little more thicker. 4) They are imported from Europe, which involves shipping and custom fees that we pay.
Are the tapestries woven by hand?
No. They are machine woven. However, each tapestry is hand finished and is therefore unique. Thus, sizes will occasionally vary by up to a few inches from the listed size.
How do I get wrinkles out of my tapestry?
To remove wrinkles or creases, iron the back of the tapestry first, using a steam iron on a medium setting.
If you still need to iron the front, place a thin cloth between the
fabric and the iron to avoid scorching the fibers. Using a steamer on the front side also works well and is safe.
How do I maintain my tapestry?
Once mounted on a wall, your tapestry should require very little maintenance. Vacuum your tapestry once
or twice a year with your vacuum cleaner's upholstery attachment to remove dust.
Do you appraise or buy old tapestries?
No. We deal exclusively with brand new tapestries and cannot appraise any others.
How much is shipping?
Please click here for the answer.
Do you ship globally?
Yes! Click here for more details.
How soon will my order ship?
Find the answer here: Shipping Time Frames
Will I get a tracking number?
Yes. Once your order ships we will email you a tracking number.
What carrier do you use for shipments?
We use FedEx for most domestic orders and some International orders. Occasionally we use UPS as well as the U.S. Postal Service.
About Ordering & Payments
Can I place my order over the phone?
Yes. Most customers find our online ordering process very simple and secure, but if you do not like that method
then you can place your order by phone. All credit cards are processed via our online payment processor, even when an order is placed by phone. (
View contact info.)
What payment methods do you accept?
We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and PayPal.
Is paying online safe and secure?
Yes. Our site is secured with 256 bit encryption, thereby offering the highest level of encryption and security available online. This means you can rest assured that communications between your browser and this site's web servers are private and secure.
Will I pay sales tax?
Only orders shipped to consumers in California will pay sales tax. (8.5% as of 2020)
What is your return policy?
We have an excellent return policy! Read our return policy here.
About Our Company
Why buy from Quality Tapestries?
1. A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
2. 30 day return policy.
3. Personalized customer service, answering calls and emails asap.
4. Testimonials from the USA, Australia, Canada, the UK and more.
5. User-friendly navigation bar. Narrow search results by up to 7 selections.
6. Photo gallery.
Where is your main office?
829 S Elverta St
Visalia, CA 93292
Do you have a showroom where I can see your products in person?
No. However, we do have an online gallery here.
Tapestries vs. Pictures
Why Buy a Tapestry Instead of a Framed Picture?
1. Durability - Our tapestries are made to last literally hundreds of years! Tapestries do not break. They are not fragile. Transporting & storing them is easy as they roll up.
2. Value - Most things depreciate with time, whereas tapestries hold their value exceptionally well and typically gain value the older they get.
3. Uniqueness - Tapestries are unique and make a loud impression. They have a multi-dimensional aspect, as the viewer can get a different feel from different angles.
4. Craftsmanship - Our tapestries are made in Belgium, France, Italy and the USA. An average tapestry utilizes 5-8 miles of thread. These are quality products!
5. Practicality - In an otherwise noisy room, tapestries serve as a noise reducer because they are fabric and help absorb sound.